Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Next part of new ending for King Lear

A procession enters, with Gonril in chains. Albany is right behind her. 

King Lear: Albany, state your case against this woman. 
Albany: My lord, she hath plotted against your person, and turned you out of house without my knowledge. I had no part in this. She and her vile sister came up with this to get the crown, and were aided in this by Regan's evil husband, the duke of Cornwall. 

K.L. We judge her guilty of high treason, and sentence her to death. She is not fit to live. Lead her away! <Gonril, struggling, is led away>. We shall also bring back our daughter, Cordelia, to take the crown. 

Cheering, Cordelia rushes in. 

K.L. There is just one person missing to make happiness complete. Kent, a faithful man whom we did banish thinking that he was dangerous. 

Kent throws off his disguise. 

Kent: I am here, my lord. I was your servant through all your wanderings, wanting to help you

 K.L. Do you still love Cordelia? If so, she is yours. 

Kent: Yes, I do. 

K.L. Then let them be wed at once! I will give up the cares of state and let Kent rule. 

They exit with cheering. 

 



The End        
Bell 
         

No comments:

Post a Comment