Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A new ending for King Lear

I read Act 3 Scene 7 of king Lear today. I decided to rewrite Sn. 7, and the rest of the book, so here is some of it:

Cornwall: Hold him fast.
Servant: My lord I will not. Do not do this!
Cor. Dost thou fight thy master?

THEY FIGHT
2. Ser. I rebel! I will not do this! He picks up a sword 
Regan: I will help my lord! They shall not wound him!

2.Ser. cuts off Regan's head. 
1. Ser. stabs Cornwall through the heart.
They untie Gloucester
Gloucester: Thank you for your kindness!In gratitude for your services, I pronounce you free! No, do not thank me. We must bury these vile people. Throw them on the dung pile! WE will tell all of the vile treachery of this pair. Send runners to all the towns in king Lear's old kingdom, and get Gonril and  Albany at any cost.
He exits

 1 Ser. Help, you two! They must be thrown on the dung pile.

More later,
Bell   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment